ABOUT THIS COURSE
Si buscas obtener una titulación sobre Gestión de Proyectos reconocida internacionalmente, ¡este es tu curso!
El curso presenta conceptos y herramientas útiles para generar un cambio sustancial en proyectos y alcanzar los objetivos propuestos con recursos escasos.
El curso se basa en la metodología PM4R del BID. PM4R Project Management for Results fue creada por el Instituto Interamericano de Desarrollo Económico y Social (INDES) del BID.
Este curso es "a tu propio ritmo" (self-paced) por lo que puedes registrarte en cualquier momento, aunque lleve abierto un tiempo.
- Conceptos básicos y técnicas de la gestión de proyectos, dentro de estándares internacionales.
- Herramientas y técnicas ampliamente probadas que facilitan la buena comunicación dentro de un proyecto.
- Cómo identificar factores de éxito en proyectos de gobierno y proyectos sociales.
AUDIENCE OF THE COURSE
COST & REIMBURSEMENTS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Connection: Access to high speed data network – not dial-up (wire, DSL, etc.)
- Processor: Pentium IV 3.0 Ghz / equivalent or superior processor (a dual core processor recommended)
- Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows 7 & 8 with the latest updates installed (updates availables on: http://update.microsoft.com ), GNU/Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc)
- RAM Memory: 2+ Gigabytes RAM
- Hard Disk: 120 Gb
- SoundCard and speakers (headset (microphone, headphones) connected to the soundcard of the computer)
Software: to install latest updates unless otherwise specified:
- Internet Browser: Firefox / Chrome / Internet Explorer 8 or superior
- Internet explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/ie
- Firefox: http://www.firefox.com
- Chrome: http://google.com/chrome
- Anti – virus: Current
- Office Automation: Microsoft Word 2003 or later, Libre, LibreOffice, OperOffice
- Java / JRE: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- Adobe Flash Player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Adobe Reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader
- QuickTime: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
- Certificate of course completion: If you meet the conditions for participation in the course and earn a point total more than 65 and less than 90
- Certificate of course completion with honors for excellence: If you meet the conditions for participation in the course and earn a point total above 90
- 1.Virtual courses: No refunds will be given for virtual courses. Participants will receive a course payment transfer which can be used for any courses offered by INDES during the next year.
- 2.Course payment transfer policy: If a participant requests to transfer his/her course payment to participate in a future edition of a course due to circumstances beyond his/her control (ex. health issues, family issues), the course coordinator will make the decision as to whether or not to grant him/her the transfer. It is important to note that course payment transfers are reserved exclusively for those persons who find themselves in an unexpected situation which prevents them from participating in the course. This privilege may only be used once. Depending on the course, a difference in course fees of a future edition to which the participant has transferred may apply
- 3.In case of dismissal: No refunds or course payment transfers will be given to a participant who is dismissed from a course due to inappropriate behavior as detailed in the participant dismissal policy
- Failure to complete two of the mandatory evaluated activities
- Failure of a participant to access the virtual classroom during the timeframe established in the course syllabus
- Any participant that continues to behave inappropriately in the virtual classroom after having received notification about his/her inappropriate behavior from the instructor/tutor and/or course coordinator concerning the inappropriate behavior.
- Supervising the didactic material and the description of the course activities
- Monitoring the course tutor
- Participating in some of the discussions during the course
- Defining the evaluation matrices and guidelines for course activities
- Reviewing participant evaluations and their corresponding academic certificates
- Intervening in possible appeals or disagreements between the instructor-tutor and participants in reference to said evaluations
- Respond to messages within 24 hours during the weekday and within 48 hours during the weekend
- Review submitted papers and provide feedback to participants within 3 days (72 hours)
- Notify a participant of losing his/her right to continue in the course in the case of not having adhered to his/her responsibilities as detailed in the participant section below
- Provide guidance to participants in the course dynamics and facilitate exchanges among participants
- Provide information relevant to participant performance at the end of the course
- Access the course at least once a day to keep informed of proposed course activities, lectures and tasks
- Fulfill proposed task requirements by the established deadlines, both individual and group activities
- Keep the instructor-tutor informed about any exceptional circumstances which may impede compliance with participant responsibilities in the course and submit incomplete assignments as indicated by the instructor-tutor
- Perform all required course work, individual as well as group activities. Actively participate in group activities. Group activity is obligatory. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in losing the right to access the classroom and the course
- Collaborate in the learning of other participants in the course, sharing experiences, ideas and lessons with the instructor-tutor and other participants
- Failure to access the classroom for more than one week
- Failure to participate in any group activities
- Failure to turn in or partial completion of three or more required activities
- Continued unacceptable behavior in the classroom after having been notified by the instructor-tutor and/or the course coordinator of this unacceptable behavior
- Participants should bring their grievances to their course coordinator for appropriate consideration
- Course coordinators will address grievances within a 48-hour period
- If the grievance is not satisfactorily addressed within this time frame, participants can bring grievances in the following link INDES-HELP